Technology @ AISV
American International School Vienna students are empowered responsible digital citizens who thrive in a rapidly transforming technological world. Our students think creatively and critically; construct knowledge and design solutions; communicate and collaborate effectively; and engage responsibly with technology as respectful future-minded members of the global community.
We believe technology and innovative practice stimulates curiosity and creativity, inspires the joy of discovered passions, and provides students with the tools and skills to confidently meet future challenges. Technology is fundamental in providing equal access to learning for all students.
The American International School Vienna believes that the following student standards will guide us in realising our technology vision: (ISTE Standards for Students)
- Empowered Learner: Students leverage technology to take an active role in choosing, achieving, and demonstrating competency in their learning goals, informed by the learning sciences.
- Digital Citizen: Students recognise the rights, responsibilities, and opportunities of living, learning, and working in an interconnected digital world, and they act and model in ways that are safe, legal, and ethical.
- Knowledge Constructor: Students critically curate a variety of resources using digital tools to construct knowledge, produce creative artifacts, and make meaningful learning experiences for themselves and others.
- Innovative Designer: Students use a variety of technologies within a design process to identify and solve problems by creating new, useful, or imaginative solutions.
- Computational Thinker: Students develop and employ strategies for understanding and solving problems in ways that leverage the power of technological methods to develop and test solutions.
- Creative Communicator: Students communicate clearly and express themselves creatively for a variety of purposes using the platforms, tools, styles, formats, and digital media appropriate to their goals.
- Global Communicator: Students use digital tools to broaden their perspectives and enrich their learning by collaborating with others and working effectively in teams locally and globally.
1:1 Device Program
AIS is a 1:1 Apple school. Our school loans each learner one Apple device while they are a student at our school. These devices are on a replacement cycle and are replaced by the school at regular intervals. More information about student responsibilities related to the care and maintenance of these devices can be found in the respective Student Technology Responsible Use Agreement.
- All students are provided an Apple iPad while in the elementary school;
- Students in grades 3-5 also receive a keyboard case with the device;
- All ES iPads remain on campus and do not go home with the student unless approved by the teacher;
- The Student Device Agreement is completed by all students in grades 3-5.
Middle and High School:
- All students are provided an Apple MacBook Air while in the middle/high school;
- Students are responsible for charging their device at home each night and bringing it with them to school each day;
- The Student Device Agreement is completed by all students in MS/HS.