Frequently Asked Questions
- What types of fundraising opportunities are available at AIS?
- Whom does AIS ask for support?
- Why should I give money to AIS in addition to tuition and fees?
- Will I be recognized for my gift?
- Do I have to give a large donation?
- Are gifts tax deductible?
- What if I have more questions? Whom can I contact?
AIS has an Annual Fund that serves as the principal source of donations from individuals. Support for the Annual Fund goes directly to the school’s budget. Your charitable investment helps AIS go beyond the basics of the extraordinary. Some examples of funding needs for 2019-2020 include:
- Accelerated enhancements to classrooms for a better learning environment
- Library Renovations, Author Visits
- Career Fair for High School Students
- Fine Arts Support - purchasing instruments, student experiences, art materials, enhancements
- Science, Technology, and Mathematics
AIS is a non-profit school. Our school fees cover the cost of staffing, facilities, and purchasing most school supplies. To keep tuition as low as possible and continue to offer our students special enhancements to their educational experience, AIS relies on additional income sources other than tuition, such as donations to the Annual Fund. Here, we use private philanthropy to provide for extraordinary things that simply cannot be funded through the operating budget. A gift is not only a financial contribution, but also an endorsement of the school we love. Through your gifts, you provide opportunities for students to make a positive impact on the world.
Yes. We will publish the names of individuals and corporations who have supported AIS during the previous school year. Donor Recognition is made through AIS’s giving levels. Gifts eligible for naming recognition and major gifts will be recognized through other means. Donors can also choose to remain anonymous.
Yes, for US tax payers. The American International School of Vienna Foundation exists to support international schools, including The American International School · Vienna (AISV). The Foundation is a nonprofit, section 501(c)(3) organization as defined by the US Internal Revenue Code. Gifts made to the AISV Foundation are tax-deductible for US taxpayers to the full extent of the US tax code. The Foundation’s US tax ID (EIN) is 80-0375632.