Frequently Asked Questions
- What types of fundraising opportunities are available at AIS?
- Whom does AIS ask for support?
- Why should I give money to AIS in addition to tuition and fees?
- Will I be recognized for my gift?
- Can I direct where my gift will go?
- Do I have to give a large donation?
- Are gifts tax deductible?
- What if I have more questions? Whom can I contact?
AIS has an Annual Fund that serves as the principal source of donations from individuals. Support for the Annual Fund goes directly to the school’s budget. Your charitable investment helps AIS go beyond the basics of the extraordinary. Some examples of funding needs for 2019-2020 include:
- Arts, Athletics, Activities enhancements Sample projects could include International trips, ‘high-end’ equipment, multi-level soundbox, and microphones etc.)
- Infrastructure help -- accelerated remodeling of outdated classrooms for a better learning environment, improved airflow for test areas by May 1 with additional plans for the summer.
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) supports for new innovation and design spaces.
AIS is a non-profit school. Our school fees cover the cost of staffing, facilities, and purchasing most school supplies. To keep tuition as low as possible and continue to offer our students special enhancements to their educational experience, AIS relies on additional income sources other than tuition, such as donations to the Annual Fund. Here, we use private philanthropy to provide for extraordinary things that simply cannot be funded through the operating budget. A gift is not only a financial contribution, but also an endorsement of the school we love. Through your gifts, you provide opportunities for students to make a positive impact on the world.
Yes. We will publish the names of individuals and corporations who have supported AIS during the previous school year. Donor Recognition is made through AIS’s giving levels. Gifts eligible for naming recognition and major gifts will be recognized through other means. Donors can also choose to remain anonymous.
Annual Fund donations are asked to take the form of unspecified or undesignated donations. We therefore ask that givers understand that Annual Fund gifts complement our existing programs and allow us to enhance the AIS student experience. While donations are asked to be unspecified, it is our commitment to all that we will profile the enhancements we are able to offer in our 2019-2020 Annual Report.
Yes, for US tax payers. The American International School of Vienna Foundation exists to support international schools, including The American International School · Vienna (AISV). The Foundation is a nonprofit, section 501(c)(3) organization as defined by the US Internal Revenue Code. Gifts made to the AISV Foundation are tax-deductible for US taxpayers to the full extent of the US tax code. The Foundation’s US tax ID (EIN) is 80-0375632.