AIS Vienna Arts Philosophy
Participation in the Arts contributes to the total success of the student. Although a quality product is often inherent in artistic endeavours, it is the process itself that is the primary focus.
We believe that it is through direct and personal participation in the process of creating art that lasting involvement and appreciation emerge.
The art of making art is putting it together.
Sunday In the Park With George
- Cultivate self-expression, self-discovery and self-esteem.
- Recognize the interaction between cultures in the arts.
- Experience through active participation.
- Analyze, evaluate, and compare art genres, using applicable criteria in order to develop artistic discernment.
- Make reflective judgments about the quality of works of art, and to address questions dealing with the nature of art and its significance in life.