Recipe of the Month
Tzatziki from Greece
- 1000 g Greek-style yogurt
- 1 large cucumber (peeled or not)
- 1/2 bunch finely chopped dill
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 4 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Couple of olives to decorate
How to make:
Wash cucumber and peel if desired. Cut through middle lengthwise. Scoop out seeds. Grate cucumber using large grater. Squeeze out cucumber juice. Add to yogurt. Add remaining ingredients and stir. Decorate with dill, parsley and black olives. Serve cold.
This dish is a versatile yogurt sauce with appetizers and main meals, whether meat or vegetarian. It can also be used as a spread or dip.