The application for the following school year will open in September.
Deadline for "best consideration" for start-of-year admission (based on Admissions Priority Categories) is February 1. After this date, candidates will be considered based on priority, availability of grade level places, and date of completed application. Admissions Priority Categories will be honored until April 1.
Admissions decisions are sent via email on or after April 1.
For start-of-year applications completed after May and during the summer break, please allow up to 3-4 weeks for processing. Please contact us to inquire about places available in the relevant grade level(s).
AIS offers "rolling" admission for Pre-Kindergarten-Grade 8, and semester-based admission for Grades 9-11, pending availability of places in each grade level.
Grades 9-12 applications must be completed no later than August 1 for Semester 1 consideration, or by December 1 for Semester 2 consideration.
International families moving to Austria for work-related reasons are prioritized for mid-year admission.
Acceptance & Waiting Pools
AIS maintains waiting pools in each grade level for one school year only.
An Admissions decision will be made only once:
- The family has completed all application items, including screening or testing
- The school has positively reviewed the application
- A place is available in the required grade level
Once an offer of admission has been made, a place at AIS is not guaranteed until:
- The family has accepted the offer, signed the contract and paid the Reservation Fee by the stated deadline
- The family has paid the full school invoice by the stated deadline, once issued by the school
Fees are payable at the following times:
- Application Fee: at time of application
- Reservation Fee: within 10 days of receiving an offer of admission
- Remaining Tuition & Fees: on August 31 (for start-of-year) or by the due date stated on the invoice (for mid-year enrollment)
Please refer to the Tuition & Fees schedule for full details.