Admissions Priority Categories
The American International School Vienna shall accept students who are able to work towards the successful completion of the school's academic requirements within the framework of the regular classroom and the limits and capacity of the school's facilities, resources, and support personnel. In order to maintain an environment in which English is the predominant language, places for non-English speaking students shall be limited.
Admission is in accordance with the Admissions Criteria and Guidelines, and the following order of priority:
- Children of U.S. or Canadian citizens with diplomatic status, qualifying AIS Vienna faculty and administration, and Ambassadors to Austria
- Siblings of currently-enrolled students
- Children whose strongest academic or native language is English
- Children of diplomatic or transient international families, with priority given to underrepresented nationalities
- Children of AIS Vienna Alumni or returning families
- Children of residents or citizens of Austria for whom the above priority categories do not apply
In reserving places for the next school year, the order of priority is maintained until April 1 of the current school year.