Mission & Profile
At the American International School Vienna, we empower each student with the skills and character strengths necessary to be positively impactful global citizens who strive for personal growth and excellence in an ever-changing world.
A community of innovative learners realizing their chosen futures with courage, curiosity, and joy.
Respect. Aspire. Achieve.
Respect: We will be kind, considerate, inclusive and thoughtful in our interactions with others and the environment.
Aspire: We will pursue our passions, imagine possibilities, and make them real.
Achieve: We will apply ourselves to the best of our ability with effort and ingenuity and strive for personal growth.
AISV Environmental Ethics Statement and Goals
The AISV community is committed to developing an environmentally friendly school by:
- raising environmental awareness
- making environmentally friendly decisions
- including environmental action and education in our daily routine
- supporting the environmental policies of Austria
Students, teachers and staff can make progress toward these goals by:
- using the existing recycling bins appropriately
- reducing paper usage by printing on both sides, using half sheets or working digitally if possible
- reducing electrical use by turning off lights, Smart Boards and computers when not in use
- reducing our use of plastic bottles and bags
- reminding one another to conserve our resources