Mission & Profile
Mission and Guiding Principles
Within the rich cultural context of Austria, AIS Vienna
- Nurtures an inclusive learning community
- In partnership with families, we support healthy social, emotional, physical, and intellectual development.
- We differentiate instruction to accommodate diverse interests and needs.
- We cultivate active and creative students.
- Challenges students to strive for personal excellence and to explore their passions
- We balance an academically engaging program with co-curricular opportunities to empower students for success now and beyond AIS.
- We motivate students to explore new and existing passions through guidance and opportunities.
- Fosters respect through compassion for others and our world
- We encourage empathy, honesty and kindness towards others.
- We embrace diverse values and perspectives with an aim to act with an open mind.
- We strive to have a positive impact on others and our environment
NURTURE | INCLUDE | CHALLENGE | RESPECT
AIS Environmental Ethics Statement and Goals
The AIS community is committed to developing an environmentally friendly school by:
- raising environmental awareness
- making environmentally friendly decisions
- including environmental action and education in our daily routine
- supporting the environmental policies of Austria
Students, teachers and staff can make progress toward these goals by:
- using the existing recycling bins appropriately
- reducing paper usage by printing on both sides, using half sheets or working digitally if possible
- reducing electrical use by turning off lights, Smart Boards and computers when not in use
- reducing our use of plastic bottles and bags
- reminding one another to conserve our resources