Join our dynamic teaching staff here in Vienna, regularly named among the most livable cities in the world. AIS wants the best professionals, ones who are open to new ideas, care deeply about the students they serve, and continuously look for ways to improve their practice. We offer a competitive package, including a generous professional development allowance. Should you be a candidate who wishes to work and play hard, who always looks for ways to meet the diverse needs of students, and who takes great pride in the job that you do, think about a career at AIS Vienna.
Recruitment Brochure 2013-2014
Application Process for Substitutes
If you are interested in substituting please send your application file (including CV, cover letter and certifications) to Ms. Sacha McVean for Elementary School and to Dr. Dave Straffon for Middle and High School.
Current Vacancies - Administration
Director search - click here for details
We are currently accepting applications for the position of HS Counseling Assistant (35 hrs). To view a current job description click here. Please send all application materials to our Human Resources department at HR@ais.at by Wednesday, May 8, 2013.
Current Vacancies - Teachers
We are currently accepting applications for the position of HS French Teacher. To view a current job description click here. Please send all application materials to our Human Resources department at HR@ais.at.
Application Process for Teachers
If you are qualified for a posted vacancy, please forward the following documents to the person specified under the vacancy for which you would like to apply. If you have a file with a placement agency which includes any of these documents, you may send that file instead.
Required application documents:
- cover letter
- resume of experience and education
- at least two letters of reference from previous teaching supervisors
- short statement of educational philosophy
- transcripts of your undergraduate and graduate education, showing degrees conferred
- photocopies of certification documents
Recruiting agencies we work with:
- Search Associates
- International Schools Services
- University of Northern Iowa
For information on how to register with these agencies, visit the websites of each organization directly. AIS attends different recruiting fairs each year. If you fit one of our posted vacancies and would like to know which fairs we will be attending, please contact Human Resources.
Teacher Salary and Benefits
- competitive salary
- airfare to and from Vienna at beginning and end of employment
- air-freight shipping allowance to and from home at beginning and end of employment
- home leave
- major medical insurance
- disability insurance
- sick, personal, maternity, and emergency leave
- settling-in allowance
- sabbatical leave possible after seven years' employment
- retirement fund: 6% matching first two years, 11% matching thereafter
- tuition waiver for dependent children
- details of all salary and benefits are discussed at time of interview
- bachelor's degree in teaching field
- valid teaching certification
- minimum two years' full-time, successful experience in teaching field (within the past five years)
- master's degree in teaching field
- international school experience
- flexibility in teaching area (multiple certifications or experience)
- extra-curricular abilities and interest
Candidates Beware of Recruiting Scams
Several international schools have recently had their web sites cloned, and candidates have been asked to send large amounts of money. AIS Vienna will never ask or require teacher candidates to send money for application fees, interview fees, visas, plane tickets or other costs associated with recruitment or moving to Austria. We will not ask potential teachers for information related to bank accounts or other private information. All international candidates are urged to be diligent in investigating potential schools during the recruiting process and prior to signing a contract.