Welcome to the AIS Vienna Alumni Site!
1955 - Founding of the Vienna International Community School, AIS´s predecessor.
1959 - Founding of the American International School by the US and Canadian Embassies. 234 students from 17 nationalities enrolled.
1961 - AIS took possession of the 44,000 m2 site on Salmannsdorferstrasse, near the Vienna Woods.
1964 - First school year and graduation on the new site. 357 students from 28 nationalities enrolled.
1977 - International Baccalaureate Program started.
1999 - AIS receives one of its biggest private donations ever, from Thomas Stemberg ´67, allowing the school to build a new science wing.
2009 - AIS celebrates its fiftieth anniversary with hundreds of alumni from all around the world.
2012 - Upper Gym named after "Mike Maloy". During a ceremony, attended by Ryan Maloy (Mike Maloy's son), the new signs and an information board were unveiled.
2012 - The Theater (Kino) gets a major renovation, thanks to donations received from AIS families and alumni.