AIS students participate in numerous activities and competitions outside of Vienna. Similarly, we host many activities here at the school. We follow the International Schools Sports Tournament (ISST) guidelines for housing all student visitors and as guests of our hosts in other cities.
Please click HERE to go to the tournament website
Thursday November 9
Pick Up Time
17:00 for all schools in the Lower Gym
Please provide dinner for your guests.
Friday November 10
Drop Off at regular school time - no later than 08:20
Pick Up at 16:00 or after game
Please provide breakfast, lunch & dinner(remember Booster Vouchers are available for lunch).Saturday November 11
Drop Off at 08:00. Don’t forget luggage.
Please provide breakfast & lunch (remember Booster Vouchers are available for lunch).
Booster Vouchers: You can purchase Booster Vouchers at the housing pick up from Mr. Harrison or at any time throughout the exchange from Boosters. The vouchers cost €5 and are worth €6 of food which must include a main course.
Curfew, Supervision & Safety
The following rules and guidelines are intended to clarify what the expectations are for both host families and guest athletes with regards to curfew and supervision.
1) NO guest athlete is allowed to leave the host family’s local environment without adult supervision.
Definition: It is acceptable for guest athletes to visit local (walking distance) cafes or take a walk in the local area without adult supervision. It is NOT acceptable for guest athletes to leave the host family’s local environment without adult supervision. In this case, guest athletes MUST return to the host family no later than 22.00.
Student athletes who are in grades 6, 7 & 8 OR in Middle School MUST be supervised by an adult at ALL times.
2) If host family adults take guests out in the evening then it is important that they return at a reasonable hour (22.00-23.00). Furthermore, guests should be mindful that they are in competition and therefore getting enough sleep throughout the visit is important.
3) City centers and high profile tourist attractions:
Clearly ISST competitions provide wonderful opportunities for visiting athletes to not only compete but also to visit some of the best cultural sites in the world. However, even if this is a host family’s local environment we urge host families to use discretion if/when visiting such sites. Click HERE to see the current travel advice from the US state department.
4) It is acceptable for guest athletes to travel independently (or with host students) from the tournament venue to the host family after the day’s competition or housing.
1) During the period of the Championship or competition you stand in place of their parents for the student(s) you host. Please exercise with respect to them all supervision and care that you would normally exercise with your own children.
2) Please see below the regulations for student behavior. The student(s) you are hosting has/have already agreed to observe these regulations.
3) Please report immediately any violation of these regulations by the student(s) you host to the responsible official designated by ISST (i.e. the Tournament Director, Housing Coordinator, Athletic Director).
4) Neither host families nor students may negotiate changes to the ISST Regulations for Students with respect to curfew, housing arrangements, the use of tobacco, alcohol or drugs or any other rules or provisions set forth by the host school.
5) Please make contact with the student(s) you are hosting at the time designated by the host school.
6) Please arrange for suitable transport if necessary. Normally, this is expected to be a private car to and from the sporting events. However, it is understood that some cities operate with excellent public transport systems. Visiting athletes need to be either supervised on or shown how to use such systems.
7) Please provide the student(s) with a suitable meal at whatever time may be necessary because of the scheduling of the competition.
8) Please provide a box lunch for the student(s) during the competition and for the return journey to the home city (unless declined by the student).
9) Please remind your guests to be extremely careful when using your internet access for downloading files (music, movies, etc.) or programs.
Students shall obey all instructions given them by their host parents and their coaches as if their own parents gave these instructions to them. This applies to all activities irrespective of location undertaken during the period of the tournament or competition.
Smoking, any other use of tobacco, the drinking of alcohol and the use of drugs are not permitted.
Housing arrangements made by the responsible official of the host school may not be changed.
Students must be in the home of the host parent by 22:00. Students in Grades 6 7 & 8 are not allowed out of the host's care unless chaperoned by the host parent and/or the coach. (This applies for all the days of the visit).
Neither host families nor students may negotiate changes to the ISST Regulations for Students with respect to curfew, housing arrangements, the use of tobacco, alcohol or drugs or any other rules or provisions set forth by the host school.
These regulations apply to all students: both those from the host school and those visiting throughout the competition's duration and, for visiting students, apply also during the journey to and from the site of the event.
Violation of these regulations will be reported to the responsible ISST Official and to the student's Head Teacher. The offending student will be removed from the tournament and from the host family home, and will either be placed under the direct supervision of his/her coach or sent home.