Note on placement: For students attending non-American / non-IB schools, please check the grade level equivalent with the Admissions Office before you apply. The September 1 age cut-off date applies strictly to Pre-K, Kindergarten, and Grade 1. Students admitted mid-year may only be placed into the same grade levels. A comparison of grade levels from 5 different countries may be found here.
- Online Application Form - you can complete questions about your child and upload documents here
- Signed Statement of Understanding and Consent
- School Reports, Transcripts / Academic Records
(Exceptions may apply for Pre-K and KG applicants):
- Most recent report for the 2017-2018 school year
- Full year report / transcript of grades for the 2016-2017 school year
- Complete school report for the 2015-2016 school year
- Standardized Testing Results (e.g. NWEA-MAP, ISA, SSAT, PSAT, STAR, CogAT, Iowa, etc.) from the last 2 years if student attended an international or U.S. school
- Professional (stamped and signed) English translations of school records not issued in English
- Where Applicable
Most recent psycho-educational evaluation, Individual Educational Plan (IEP), speech / occupational / psychological therapy evaluation, progress or exit reports (with certified translations if not in English).
Note: In cases where there are questions about an applicant’s learning abilities and/or behavior but no assessments were done recently, a comprehensive evaluation through school-recommended specialists may be required.
- Copy of Applicant's Passport and/or Birth Certificate
- Application Fee
Non-refundable, EUR 200 (two hundred Euros) by bank transfer.
Click here for bank details.
Confidential Reference Forms and Writing Samples (Grade-Specific)
Important: All forms must be sent by school staff directly to the AIS Admissions Office.
Elementary School (PK/KG, Grades 1 to 5)
Middle School (Grades 6 to 8)
- Confidential Principal / Counselor Form
- Applicant Self-Evaluation Form - must be completed by the student (handwritten), with all answers in English and in complete sentences