Note on placement: For students attending non-American / non-IB schools, please check the grade level equivalent with the Admissions Office before you apply. The September 1 age cut-off date applies strictly to Pre-K, Kindergarten, and Grade 1. Students admitted mid-year may only be placed into the same grade levels. A comparison of grade levels from 5 different countries may be found here.
- Online Admissions Application
- Signed Statement of Understanding and Consent
- School Reports, Transcripts / Academic Records
(Exceptions may apply for Pre-K and KG applicants):
- First semester report / transcript for the 2016-2017 school year;
- Complete school reports for the 2015-2016 and 2014-2015 school years; for HS applicants, official transcript with grades and credits
- Standardized Testing Results (e.g. NWEA-MAP, ISA, SSAT, PSAT, STAR, CogAT, Iowa, etc.) from the last 2 years if student attended an international or U.S. school
- Professional (stamped and signed) English translations of school records not issued in English
- Where Applicable
Most recent psycho-educational evaluation, Individual Educational Plan (IEP), speech / occupational / psychological therapy evaluation, progress or exit reports (with certified translations if not in English).
Note: In cases where there are questions about an applicant’s learning abilities and/or behavior but no assessments were done recently, a comprehensive evaluation through school-recommended specialists may be required.
- Copy of Applicant's Passport and/or Birth Certificate
- Application Fee
Non-refundable, EUR 176 by bank transfer.
Click here for bank details, also payable by credit card in US Dollars on the online application.
The new application fee (EUR 177) will be valid beginning July 2016 (new budget year).
Confidential Reference Forms and Writing Samples (Grade-Specific)
Important: All forms must be sent by school staff directly to the AIS Admissions Office.
Elementary School (Grades 1 to 5)
Middle School (Grades 6 to 8)
- Confidential Principal / Counselor Form
- Applicant Self-Evaluation Form - must be completed by the student (handwritten), with all answers in English and in complete sentences